17: Making Presentations in English
- Date: December 13, 2019, 12-2 pm c.t.
- Room: Ludwigstr. 28, back building, room 503
- Presenter: Sakina Gröppmaier, M.A.
- Registration: starting October 1, 2019
Making presentations in a second language is no small feat; presenting in English, however, has become a must today. This workshop is designed to help improve both your skills and your confidence in preparing and delivering English presentations. We will work on developing presentation-specific language and presentation-delivering strategies to improve the key communication skills needed in presenting.
This workshop will focus on:
• Preparing your presentation
• Structuring your presentation
• Greetings and Introductions
• Rhetorical techniques, such as signposting
• Concluding your presentation
• Audience Interaction
Depending on the size of the workshop, we will incorporate some presentation practice for either individuals or groups. Feel free to bring any material you may want to practice with!
This workshop is targeted towards non-native English speakers, but open to all.
We ask you for a binding registration until December 06, 2019. Places will be allocated according to the principle of "first come, first served". In case of unexcused absence, we cannot regard your registration for events for the rest of the semester. We thank you for your understanding!