Basics of Academic Writing in English
- Termin: 3. November 2017, 14 Uhr c.t.
- Raum: Raum 314, Schellingstr. 9
- Workshop-Leiterin: Isabella Stürzer, B.A.
- Workshopsprache: Englisch
- Dauer des Workshops: 90 Minuten
- Anmeldung: ausgebucht!
This workshop will focus on key elements of an academic writing project in the Anglo-American tradition as well as on the basics of academic style. More specifically, we will address structure, paragraph writing, tone, and critical source evaluation. Each topic will be introduced with an explanatory example; based on this, workshop participants will be asked to complete several exercises. Topics we will not specifically address include research techniques, layout, and specific requirements of MLA or Chicago Style.